Try this fertility boosting green smoothie.
It’s important in the preconception phase to cleanse the body. It’s often that I recommend going organic, a gentle cleanse and minimising toxins to improve fertility outcomes in my patients. Ensuring your body is healthy and nourished prepares you for a healthy pregnancy and healthy babies. Green smoothies are a great way of adding more healthy foods in, don’t focus too much on restricting yourself on a diet, just try making healthier choices with each meal. Antioxidants in a green smoothie are a great way of improving fertility by increasing egg quality. This has been shown to be influenced by the antioxidant level of the follicular fluid which feeds the growth of a healthy egg in the ovaries. Antioxidant levels can be affected by age, chemical exposure, stress, inflammation, systemic acidity, liver health and radiation.
- Frozen mixed organic berries. (You can buy fresh berries and freeze them.)
- Almond, rice milk, or coconut water (I prefer these—not big on dairy.)
- Protein powder. (I like something natural and clean with out a lot of additives or soy, such as a pea protein powder or egg white/paleo protein powder)
- 1 scoop of Fem21 powder
- Acai or goji berries
- Handful of mixed organic greens
- 1 teaspoon of Bee pollen (*don’t use is you have a bee allergy)
- Liquid omegas like fish oil, cod liver oil, borage oil or evening primrose oil (don’t worry you can get a naturally flavoured one)
- Handful of mixed nuts & seeds (pumpkin, sesame, flaxseeds, brazil nuts)